Thursday, 16 February 2012
The First of Many
How I See’s It – The First of Many
Ok, so if you know me and you are reading this, YES, I have finally decided to share my thoughts with the world!
I have debated for several months on how I wanted to approach this blog, What did I want it to be? Who did I want reading it? And finally What did I hope to achieve as a result of it?
As we all know, the World Wide Web is the largest and most vastly received platform in the world, so where better to set up my soap box!
So with all the time I spent deliberating on the angle I wanted to run with, I finally decided on utilizing my biggest strength….The ability to say whatever I want with a complete disregard for the worries of social conformity!
And so with the angle decided all I needed now was a push in the right direction, which came hook line and sinker from my amazing girlfriend on Valentine’s Day!
With the exchange of gifts well under way, I unwrapped a Personalised book with a handwritten message in the back encouraging me to get a move on!
So, on that incredibly well thought out and inspiring bombshell I got cracking!
I thought I’d start with a bit of insight into what to expect from my blogs:
· I have ALOT to say (some say too much, but I say to them “SILENCE!”) so it will be updated regularly.
· Being ‘Brutally Blunt’ I’m told is a trait of mine, so you can certainly expect that trend to continue
· All of the views I express are my own, they do not ‘Intend’ to directly offend anyone but “Whadda ya say, Whadda ya know uh” you can’t please everybody :P
The things you will typically see me blogging about:
1. I am an (Entirely) Self Confessed “One of the greatest story tellers of our generation” and said stories usually stem from the hilarity I encounter daily. I come from a place called Birkenhead, Merseyside in the UK (Anyone in the know can confirm this as being an absolute breeding ground for comedy and repulsion equally) so these stories are never in short supply!
2. I LITERALLY cannot suffer fools or even entertain the prospect of doing so. I am from a working class family, raised on a working class income and attended working class schools. I performed well in some subjects, not so well in others. But INSPITE of the spoon in BabySte’s mouth being made of polished tin, I still know the difference between right and wrong, how to participate in intelligent conversations and most importantly of all have goals in my life I want to achieve!
People without hopes and aspirations, people without the drive to better their lives and the lives of those they affect and people who think the world owes them a favour and are a drain on our society and will always be unless they are encouraged and provided with the tools to succeed (#hottopic)
3. I keep WELL up to date with the goings on in the UK and the world over. Like many people around the world I see it as my job to keep myself as best informed as possible with what is going on in the world I currently reside in. If you keep your head in the sand for too long it’ll end up choking you!
So, for those that haven’t already got the gist, some things annoy me, some things annoy me more than others and some things annoy me in SO many ways! Some severely, some not so much but when they do, rest assured this blog will definitely be my outlet.
Being as opinionated as I am *sometimes* has its shortfalls. I literally have an opinion on everything (“Me Ste, Me Think Lots”) and this blog, in all its glory is my OFFICIAL way of sharing them with the world!
Ok, so now my proverbial cards are on the fictional table, I’ll take this opportunity to thank you for reading my first blog hope it sounds as intriguing to you as it did in my head whilst writing it.
Follow me on Twitter: @stenightingall
Time to blow this Popsicle stand but I look forward to you all reading and sharing my future pieces of bloggable stardust!
Peace! (Which CAN be used interjectionally as a greeting, request or farewell, for all the grammar Nazis out there?)